Blogroll

Share |

Jasmin Sparrow

Friday 5 August 2011

Jasmin Sparrow is a collection created for lovers and dreamers to play dressups and dance in forever.The feathered collection has been lovingly created entirely by hand by Jasmin Sparrow herself. We chat to Jasmin about everything fashion.


How did your label Jasmin Sparrow come about?
By accident really! I’ve always loved feathers and during summer 2008 started braiding them into my hair and wearing them around my head. Friends started asking me to make jewellery pieces for them, Eventually I started selling them in a few boutiques and it all evolved from there!

What do you love about being a designer?

I love having the freedom to be able to work from home under my own rules. Being able to create all day everyday, and make a happy living doing what comes naturally and I love!
What inspires you?


I get inspired by so many things. Everyday life inspires me.
Books, magazines, old films, different cultures, nature, people.
I believe just by having an open mind you can be inspired by almost anything.


Describe your personal style.
I love wearing beautiful soft fabrics. My wardrobe consists mostly of garments I’ve made myself and op-shop finds, lots of vintage with a few staple designer pieces. I tend not to follow trends to closely, I get inspired by collections and what people are wearing but like having my own individual style.


Where do you shop?
Op-shops, garage sales, second hand stores, school fairs! In Wellington I like to shop at ziggurat, hunters and collectors, the service depot and zambesi.


Who is your fashion icon?
My Grandmother and her friends. They’re so classy, in their immaculate vintage clothing and jewels!


Who is your favourite New Zealand designer?
Oh no just one? At the moment I would have to say Juliette Hogan, there are so many pretty pieces I want from her summer collection.

What’s your must-have buy for this spring?
Ooh I really want Karen Walker ‘Rover’ sunglasses, and Juliette Hogan ‘Faith’ dress... please.


What is your all time favourite fashion purchase/garment/outfit?
A gold crucifix with a big ruby in the middle It has been passed down through our family and was given to me when I was born. It means a lot and looks amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Most Reading