Blogroll

Share |

A Spring-Summer Night's Dream

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Four hours into a marathon session watching footage from the Dolce&Gabbana SS11 show, any human being would have created new neurological connections leading to one thought: I want that dress, and that one, and this one, and oh yes macramé. Task: sitting in front of a computer screen going over the footage we took during the SS11 fashion show. In fashion, and especially in a fashionable office, we are always one season ahead. As we are preparing mentally for the FW12 women shows, it sounds as if spring-summer already happened, and actually we don't even need to go shopping for our new summer wardrobe cause it's time for winter flannels. Not.At times your job is a good reminder of what's really happening in your wardrobe, so after a few long hours sitting in front of thin models dressed in white and macramé, I couldn't help but notice the lack of such items in my wardrobe. After a good excel file work in my head considering all of the options to get such items: wait for private employee sales, pretend I am doing an article and need absolute knowledge of such item, or ask to borrow one to the press office (not happening as I am no rockstar, movie star, model star, or any star acknowledged by the fashion industry), my entire being was addicted to the "Corredo" collection. 
"Corredo" means hopechest in Italian, so no wonder I spent the rest of the evening making excuses to wear the white gorgeous dresses. Well of course... I will get married! Just have to convince my boyfriend this is the right season - it's not fall yet - to go shopping for the perfect white dress. We can always cancel the wedding - but at least I will have a good reason enough to splurge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Most Reading